Even in the middle of a pandemic, there are still lots of opportunities in Royse City and the nearby communities to scare up some fun and candy this Halloween.
• The Pitchfork Pumpkin Patch,7126 S. FM 548 in Royse City, has Trunk or Treat scheduled starting at dusk Saturday.
• Fellowship Church of Royse City is hosting a Trunk or Treat event at the church, 900 Pullen St., between 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
• Royse City First United Methodist Church, 305 N. Josephine St. in Royse City, has Trunk or Treat planned between 6 and 7 p.m. Saturday.
• The Rowlett Parks and Recreation Department is hosting a Trunk or Treat Trail/Drive-thru between 5:30 and 8:30 p.m. Saturday at the Rowlett Community Centre/Wet Zone parking lots, 5300 Main St. in Rowlett. Pre-registration for trick or treaters is required and available online at http://www.Rowlett.com/ParksandRec.
• The inaugural Caddo Mills Fall Stroll, presented by the Caddo Mills Chamber of Commerce and the Caddo Mills Volunteer Fire Department, is an all-day event planned for Saturday. The activities are scheduled at the fire department, 2206 Main St. in Caddo Mills, beginning at 8 a.m. with the 5K Costume Fun Run and the Cardio Drumming Shake It off at 10 a.m. and the opening of vendor booths at noon. Trunk or Treat is planned between 4 and 7 p.m.
• The city of Greenville Parks and Recreation Department is hosting the Trick or Trot 5K at the Greenville SportsPark at 7 a.m. Saturday. Participants are invited to wear their Halloween costumes for the event. Additional details are available at https://greenvilletx.fun/273/Trick-or-Trok-5k.
• The Candy, Costumes and Cars Drive-Thru event is scheduled from 4-6 p.m. Saturday in front of the Greenville Municipal Building, 2821 Washington St. City and county employees will be providing bags of candy to motorists as a way of offering an alternative to Halloween on the Square.