By Jim Hardin
The top choice in a veterans memorial design contest will be announced Monday night.
The public is invited to the meeting, which will be held in the Rockwall County Historic Courthouse, 101 E. Rusk St., beginning at 7.
The veterans memorial will be constructed at the planned site of the new Rockwall County Courthouse.
“The Rockwall County Veterans Memorial Design Jury is exceptionally grateful and pleased with the amount of effort and quality of work that each entrant put into their design entry,” County Commissioner Lorie Grinnan said in an e-mail to all participants and interested parties. “The designs were creative, varied, and offered much opportunity for lively discussion regarding the interpretations of the design requirements.”
Over a series of several meetings, Grinnan said, the jury evaluated the entries and chose a top project that will be presented to county commissioners for their approval.
Grinnan said all entries will be shown and briefly described at the meeting.
The top entry will be discussed in detail, she said, with explanations from several design jury members as to why it fulfilled the design expectations. She added that there also will be suggestions about the landscape plan and how it will relate to the memorial site.
“The commissioners court will have the final say as to which project will be chosen,” Grinnan added. “We sincerely thank each entrant for their time and effort, and we hope that the experience was rewarding. The design jury was honored to be a part of the process, and we look forward to the presentation.”
Grinnan headed up the veterans memorial design project for the commissioners court.
By Jim Hardin
This Week's Circulars
Deanna Lou Simmons of Terrell, Texas was born Jan. 3, 1937 in Royse City, Texas to Dean and Opal (Howell) Wester. She went to be with our Lord and Savior on Jan. 19, 2021 at the age of 84. Deanna graduated from Royse City High School in 1955, then moved to Mesquite to raise her family for ap…
- State court to hear Poynter appeal
- Increased threat of severe weather in area
- Jury trial scheduled in fatal 2020 crash
- Most older Rockwall County residents vaccinated against COVID-19
- Boy Scouts to add virtual zoo to Royse City Park
- Services planned for local business owner, athlete, mother
- Rockwall County voters to make decision on bonds, boards May 1
- New businesses opening as city collects boost in sales taxes
- Representative Pat Fallon to host Tele-Town Hall on border issues
- Rogers' teacher retirement bill to see House floor
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.