In response to Bill Burford’s letter to the editor, I am one of the “liberal Democrats” running for office in Rockwall County. It is quite humorous to read his letter and listen to his opinions as I was once a “dyed in the wool” Republican, moving to Texas in 1988, voted for Reagan during my…
Election Day is fast approaching. On May 4th, 2019, we get to decide who will become our new Mayor and City Council person for Place 6. We also have 9 City Charter amendments to consider.
One of the major subjects being debated in Austin is Property Tax relief. The focus of the arguments seems to be how much the tax RATE can be raised each year without voter approval. The Governor has set a goal of a 2% raise.
I have recently relocated to Texas and have been to the Department of Public Safety office three times, attempting to get my Texas driver’s license. It is easier to get a U.S. passport than a Texas driver’s license!
We are seeing record numbers going to the ballot box. People are weighing all of their options and determining who to vote for. In the midst of this hard fought election, we have seen a former elected official “switching sides” to support a pro-choice, open-borders, anti-gun Democrat, over o…
The din of federal politics almost extinguishes serious discussion of local issues. That said, Rockwall County voters ought not to take our eye off the political ball for the Nov. 6 election. County politicians want us to approve a $50 million bond for a 400-bed jail.
The City of Fate is nearing the end of the budget process. The budget is prepared every year based on what residents, staff and the City Council view as important issues.
I would like to share my thoughts on the City of Fate’s proposed 2018-19 budget. It is important to remember the Fate budget process is a collaboration between the City Manager, City Staff, City Attorney, Mayor, and the City Council.
- Hunt County back down to only one COVID-19 case
- Rockwall County Commissioners vote to maintain emergency resolution on COVID-19, stay at home order not implemented
- Hunt County reports second COVID-19 case
- UPDATE: Formal resolution posted of Hunt County disaster declaration due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Hunt County reports first COVID-19 case
- Rockwall County Judge issues statement on COVID-19 outbreak
- Rockwall County reporting three COVID-19 cases as of Friday evening
- Rockwall County issues stay at home order in response to COVID-19 pandemic
- Rockwall County reports first COVID-19 case
- UPDATE: Rockwall County now with three confirmed COVID-19 cases
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.